Visit us on ...
Rhinoplasty's are complicated
Rhinoplasty are by far one of the most complex and artistic procedures in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Naficy's practice has been 100% devoted to rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery for the past 15 years. Trust your nose to an expert!
"Patients' Choice Award" by Vitals.com
Dr. Sam Naficy has been awarded the "Patients' Choice Award" by Vitals.com - a website dedicated to rating the quality of physicians across the country. Out of 720,000 physicians, only 5% received this honor.
If you are considering rhinoplasty we encourage you to have 2 or 3 consultations with a qualified facial plastic surgeon that regularly performs rhinoplasty. These rhinoplasty consultations will allow you to have a good basis for comparison between the different surgeons. You will also find that you will gather more (and different) information during each consultation and this will make you a better-informed consumer.
During a typical rhinoplasty consultation with Dr. Naficy he will listen to your concerns, assess the aesthetics of your nose and face, and discuss your options. He will tell you whether you are a suitable candidate for rhinoplasty and inform you of the specific features of your nose that would be addressed during the rhinoplasty procedure. Your breathing passages will also be evaluated and it will be determined whether there is a need to also address problems with the septum, nasal valves, and turbinates. Rhinoplasty costs will be also discussed at that visit. If you are interested in a rhinoplasty simulation, digital photos can be taken during the consultation visit and a rhinoplasty simulation will be performed.
Choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon:
When choosing a surgeon for your rhinoplasty, consider the following:
- Does the surgeon perform rhinoplasty regularly?
- Have you looked at enough of the surgeon's before and after pictures?
- How long has the surgeon been performing rhinoplasty?
- Does the surgeon specialize in rhinoplasty?
- Do you have a personal referral from a trusted source?
- Is the surgeon certified by either the ABFPRS or ABPS?
Bad reasons to choose a rhinoplasty surgeon are:
- He/She offered the procedure at the lowest price
- He/She did a nice job on a friend's breast augmentation
Be weary of a rhinoplasty surgeon who:
- Doesn't touch your nose
- Doesn't examine the inside of your nose
- Doesn't ask you what you don't like about your nose
- Doesn't answer your questions fully/completely
- Doesn't inquire about breathing difficulty
- Doesn't have an adequate number of before and after pictures or worse, if the pictures don't look that great
Important facts to consider in preparation for your rhinoplasty:
The nose has a vital function (breathing) and that function must be preserved. A successful rhinoplasty strives to improve the appearance of the nose while maintaining adequate nasal passages.
The skin of your nose may determine what can or cannot be accomplished during rhinoplasty. Certain noses with thick oily skin may pose a limit how small or refined the nose can be.
In order to achieve the ideal profile, the experienced rhinoplasty surgeon may also recommend additional procedures such as chin augmentation or neck liposuction.
The final outcome of rhinoplasty is typically seen after one year. The nose continues to change, albeit gradually, for a number of months after rhinoplasty. This has to do with healing of the skin of the nose, and tends to require more time in people with thicker skin.