Visit us on ...
"Patients' Choice Award" by Vitals.com
Dr. Sam Naficy has been awarded the "Patients' Choice Award" by Vitals.com - a website dedicated to rating the quality of physicians across the country. Out of 720,000 physicians, only 5% received this honor.
A tape dressing and a protective shell will cover the bridge of the nose for one week following your rhinoplasty procedure. With modern rhinoplasty techniques employed by Dr. Naficy, no packing is required inside the nose. There may be some discoloration and swelling around the eyes which will typically improve over 5-7 days. One week is usually enough time for returning to work and social activities.
Rhinoplasty post-operative care [18kb PDF]
Below are photographs of a patient before and only 7 days after a rhinoplasty by Dr. Naficy. At this time make-up may be worn and most patients are typically able to resume normal activity and return to work or school.
Before and only 7 days after rhinoplasty by Dr. Sam Naficy
To optimize healing and reduce the risk of complications following your rhinoplasty there are a number of guidelines to follow. These include:
- Avoid blowing your nose for 2 weeks
- If you have to sneeze, do so with your mouth open
- Avoid bending and heavy lifting for 2 weeks
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 2 weeks, although light exercise is OK after one week
- Avoid excessive sun exposure to the nose. Wear SPF 30 or higher and a hat that protects your nose from the sun
- Avoid resting heavy eyeglasses on the nose for the first 3-4 weeks. If you have to wear eyeglasses try to place some padding (cotton or tissue paper) over the nose
- Keep the inside of your nose moist with Vaseline ointment
- Use saline (salt water) sprays inside your nose to help improve dryness
- Avoid highly salty foods since salt intake can increase the swelling of your nose